Tuesday, October 16, 2012

"Rabbit! I'm Expecting You!" A Poem inspired by Emily Dickinson


Today we read a poem by Emily Dickinson called "Bee! I'm Expecting You!  It's a letter written to a bee from a fly.  The Free One decided to write a poem like it, only his letter was from a lion to a rabbit.  

Rabbit!  I'm Expecting You!
by The Free One


Rabbit!  I’m expecting you!
The carrots are grown.
The turnips are ripe.
The lettuce is green.

All the other rabbits are here 
waiting for you.
All the ducks are swimming 
at the pond, a party’s going on.

It’s spring, come on.
Have fun.  I’m not lying.
Trust me.
Your friend, Lion.

Fun Fact:  Did you know that no one knew that Emily Dickinson wrote poems?  After she died, her sister found her poems in a dresser drawer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're next...