Monday, November 26, 2012

My Big Secret: New Work Space

I've been keeping a secret from you.  I've been selfish.  I'm sorry I haven't wanted to share my newest "toy" yet.  But now I'm ready to share it with you all.  Especially, since I had to clean it up for the big Thanksgiving dinner I just had at my house.  

It's my new school area that Mr. Incredible put together for me over the summer.    
Here it is!

As you can see it is the perfect workspace for my two boys and me.  The Anchor sits on the left since he's left-handed, and The Free One sits on the right.  I sit in the middle which allows me to help both of them at the same time and helps eliminate the silliness and arguing that would sometimes (OK, often) occur between them when they were facing each other on our kitchen table.

We each have a school box and a pencil cup.


And on our whiteboards we each have a magnetic dry erase marker, and a red apple timer that we use all day everyday to keep us on schedule.  The ticking drove me crazy at first, but now I like it.  It keeps us moving, kind of like we're working in a factory


The boys can earn tickets every day for doing their chores and completing their schoolwork.  Then they can redeem their tickets at Mom's Store.  Candy and screen-time are always best sellers.


Each boy has a magazine file on the floor next to them.  This gives them easy access to their workbooks.  I have a basket and a file box next to me for all of my teacher books and supplies.  No more walking back and forth to the cabinet.


This space is not huge, it's actually just one part of a wall in my dining room.  The kitchen table is right behind us and the big red hutch we used to use for our work-boxes has been pushed to the side.  You can see the corner of it in this picture.  It still holds all of our materials and books that we don't use every day.

So there you have it.  I hope you enjoyed tour, and if you have pictures of your workspace post a link to it in the comments below.  I'd love to see it!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous22.2.13

    Bаke at 350 for 25 minutes or until toоthρick іnsertеd in сentег comes out clean.
    Peteг Pіρеr Pizza Сouρons-Petеr Ρiper Pіzza
    Cоupons:Petеr Pіper Pіzzа
    cаn bе a familу pіzza сhain ορегatіng 45 company reѕtaurants аnd
    60 franсhises insiԁe the U. I trіеd dozens of different rеciρеs for pizza cгust, anԁ nοne of them wеre ѕatіѕfactory.


    Look into mу web blog pizza pan akron
    Also see my site :: photopeach.com

    ReplyDelete

You're next...